Ryburn 3 Step “Barn Dances” in the Waring Green Community Centre run from October through to April, when we go off to Folk Festivals and occasionally on holiday.
Ryburn Longsword organises occasional “Village Family Dances” in the Victoria Hall, Ripponden.
Dancers of all ages and abilities are welcome, the main requirement is enthusiasm!
Dance Programme for 2018 – 19:
We started our 2018 – 19 season of Barn Dances at Waring Green Community Centre in Brighouse on 20 October. The dates and venues are listed below – come along and keep warmed up in the Autumn.
The dates of R3S Dances in the 2018 – 19 season are:
* 8 December 2018 – Village Family Dance – with “Granny’s Attic” and caller Barry Goodman at the Victoria Hall, Ripponden;
* 31 December 2018 – New Year’s Eve Dance – with the “Black Box Big Band” and caller Pete Coe, at the Waring Green Community Centre, Brighouse;
* 19 January 2019 – Barn Dance – “The Old Bridge Specials” with caller Pauline Jones at the Waring Green Community Centre, Brighouse;
* 16 February 2019 – Barn Dance – with the “Four Hand Band” (Mary Humphreys and Anahata) and Sue Coe, at the Waring Green Community Centre, Brighouse ;
* 16 March 2019 – Barn Dance – “Monkey Box” and caller Michelle Holding at the Waring Green Community Centre, Brighouse;
* 20 April 2019 – Barn Dance – “Our Northern Branch” and caller Sid Calderbank at the Waring Green Community Centre, Brighouse.
* The Barn Dances are held at the Waring Green Community Centre, Garden Road, Brighouse HD6 2AX . 8pm start, finish around 11.30pm.
Entry price: £9 (£8 Concessions), family tickets are also available.
Bring your own refreshments.
* The Village Family Dances are held at the Victoria Hall, Ripponden, HX6 4BG. 7.30pm start, finish around 11pm.
Entry price: £5 (no Concessions), family tickets are also available.
Drinks are available at the bar, and tea, coffee, and cakes made by the members of Ryburn Longsword are available to buy.
Read REVIEWS of past dances.