Ryburn 3 Step “Barn Dances” in the Waring Green Community Centre run from October through to April, when we go off to Folk Festivals and occasionally on holiday.
Ryburn Longsword organises “Village Family Dances” in the Victoria Hall, Ripponden.
Dancers of all ages and abilities are welcome, the main requirement is enthusiasm!
Dance Programme for 2018:
Our Barn Dance programme for Spring 2018 finished on Saturday 21 April with “Swift Nick” and Caller Pauline Jones. Read the Review HERE. Thanks to all our friends and supporters who have enjoyed the dances we’ve run in our 2017 – 18 season.
We’ll be starting our 2018 – 19 season of Barn Dances at Waring Green Community Centre in Brighouse on 20 October.
Before then, our friend, parkin-chef, and dance junkie Dave Webster has organised another of his charity fundraising dances on June 2nd at the Slaithwaite Civic Hall starting at 8 p.m. and featuring the Black Box Band with caller Sue Coe.
For your diary the dates of R3S Dances in the 2018 – 19 season are:
* 20 October 2018 – Barn Dance – Waring Green, Brighouse;
* 17 November 2018 – Barn Dance – Waring Green, Brighouse;
* 8 December 2018 – Village Family Dance – Victoria Hall, Ripponden;
* 31 December 2018 – New Year’s Eve Dance – Waring Green, Brighouse;
* 19 January 2019 – Barn Dance – Waring Green, Brighouse;
* 16 February 2019 – Barn Dance – Waring Green, Brighouse;
* 16 March 2019 – Barn Dance – Waring Green, Brighouse;
* 20 April 2019 – Barn Dance – Waring Green, Brighouse.
We will update this page during the summer with information on the bands and callers when we have finalised the programme. We look forward to seeing you in the Autumn.
* The Barn Dances are held at the Waring Green Community Centre, Garden Road, Brighouse HD6 2AX . 8pm start, finish around 11.30pm.
Entry price: £9 (£8 Concessions), family tickets are also available.
Bring your own refreshments.
* The Village Family Dances are held at the Victoria Hall, Ripponden, HX6 4BG. 7.30pm start, finish around 11pm.
Entry price: £5 (no Concessions), family tickets are also available.
Drinks are available at the bar, and tea, coffee, and cakes made by the members of Ryburn Longsword are available to buy.
Read REVIEWS of past dances.