The 2018 – 19 season for the Ryburn Folk Club and the Ryburn Barn Dances has finished now. Over the summer we’ll be going to festivals and on holiday, and we’ll be back in the Autumn for the 2019 – 20 season of Ryburn 3 Step events.
Most of our groups continue to meet over the summer:
- Monday night traditional music session at the Old Bridge Inn, Ripponden;
- Tuesday night Step Dance;
- Wednesday night Ryburn Longsword;
- Thursday night Ryburn Singers;
- Friday night “No pressure” session;
- Plus the monthly Ukelele Group
You can see Ryburn Longsword at 2 more local events over the summer:
- Littleborough Rushbearing 20 & 21 July;
- Sowerby Bridge Rushbearing 7 & 8 September.
We danced at Cleckheaton Folk Festival on Sunday 7 July, read about it HERE
At the beginning of the season, on Friday 20 September, we’re having another “House Concert”, this time with “Rattle on the Stovepipe” – Dave Arthur, Pete Cooper, and Dan Stewart.
Read about House Concerts HERE
The Ryburn Folk Club will re-convene on 25 September with guest Jeff Warner to kick off our “Americana” season:
- Jeff Warner (25 September);
- Riley Baugus (30 October);
- Susan & Dana Robinson (27 November) .
You can download the flyer HERE
Barn Dances start on 19 October to the music of “The Alice Band”, caller Pauline Jones, at the Waring Green Community Centre in Brighouse. Click HERE for Barn Dance information.
Thanks to all our residents, floor singers and performers, and especially our audience. We look forward to seeing you in the 2019-20 season, and hope you have an enjoyable summer.